Following the success of the 2017 #TechDiversity Awards, the #TechDiversity Awards are up and running once more for 2018.
The #TechDiversity Awards aims to showcase the programs and initiatives that are making a difference to diversity and inclusion in workplaces within Australia. Diversity initiatives from the sectors of business, government, education and advertising are evaluated by a panel of judges using the following criteria:
- The unique qualities of the nominated Initiative compared to existing programs within the sector
- Demonstration of Behavioural change within the organisation
- The plan to ensure the ongoing success of the Initiative (Commitment)
- Courage exhibited in creating and fostering the initiative
- Leadership driving the initiative
- Contribution to diversity in science, technology, engineering or maths sectors.
Awards are presented to a winner in each category and to an overall winner for 2018. Last year’s winners included:
- EDUCATION: Dattner Grant for Homeward Bound
- BUSINESS: Vodafone Hutchison Australia for a series of ‘Power to Her’ initiatives
- GOVERNMENT: Seamless for its Seamless Web Accessibility Group (focused on local government)
- MEDIA & ADVERTISING: DCC Jobs for empowerment of women in careers
Victorian Minister for Trade & Investment, Innovation & the Digital Economy, and Small Business, the Hon Philip Dalidakis, also independently selects a winner for the Victorian Innovation Minister’s Diversity Award which in 2017 went to DCC Jobs (formerly Diverse City Careers) for the company’s ongoing efforts to empower women to pursue rewarding careers and fast-track gender equality.
“By supporting diversity we’re nurturing ideas, building better workplaces and creating opportunities for marginalised groups. All of this leads to new jobs and a stronger Victorian economy,” says Philip Dalidakis.
The Gala Awards night will be held on the 27th of September 2018.
The #TechDiversity Awards are made possible by the generous support of our Diamond Sponsor, Clicks IT Recruitment, Platinum Sponsor, the Victorian Government, Gold Sponsor Avanade Australia and Silver Sponsors RMIT and FourPL.
“Clicks is delighted to support the contribution #TechDiversity is making to the vital issue of workplace diversity and inclusion. We’re looking forward to celebrating all the diversity initiatives that are recognised at the dinner in September.” Sam Micich, Group Operations and Marketing Manager.